Friday, January 13, 2012

My new favorite way to eat an apple

As I was watching the news this evening, I could not resist the compulsion to snack. However, since the wedding is in less than 8 months, I don't keep "snack food" around the apartment.  My favorite salt and vinegar chips are nowhere to be found. As I perused the fridge and cabinet, I started to crave apple crisp. Now, instead of drinking a glass of water and allowing the craving to curb, I immediately played upon that impulse. Obviously I did not have the patience to bake an entire apple crisp... so I improvised!

What you'll need:
One large apple (honey crisp is my favorite, if you have had one, it is probably yours too)
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp brown sugar

First, I cut up the apple into nice little pieces, then threw them in the sauté pan. I put a little bit of water in the pan as well. Throw in the other stuff (oatmeal and sugars) and heat it up! Make sure you keep stirring. I stopped stirring for a second because the news was rather interesting, and the oatmeal started to stick.  Once it is nice and hot, put it in your bowl and enjoy! I am currently eating it with a spoon, but I do suppose a fork could work as well. Your choice ;)

Bonus: Since I am currently counting calories, this snack is only 182 calories.

1 comment:

  1. great idea! i love it and i can't wait to try it! and there isn't any reason for you to count calories, you are tiny.

    ReplyDelete